Our beautiful garden pods are a new concept from Extrarooms. As for our other garden buildings, we are able to provide all the necessary bespoke features for any garden pod requirements you may have.
Example prices for our garden pods
Due to the difficulty and crafstmanship of tightly bending and shaping the timbers of all sizes of pods there is a minimum price for a Garden Pod:
First 10 sq metres £18,500 plus vat, each subsequent sq metre £1340 plus vat.
Some typical prices are shown below. e.g. 5m by 3m, 15 sq m = £18,500 plus vat for the first 10sq m, plus 5 x £1340 = £6,700. Hence a total £25,200 plus vat.
|Size (metres)||Garden studio prices|
|3m x 2.5m (7.5 sq.m)||From £18,500 (up to 10 sq. m)|
|5m x 3m (15 sq.m)||From £25,200|
|5m x 5m (25 sq.m)||From £38,600|
Important point for space consideration for anyone ordering a pod.
Whilst all our rectangular buildings are priced according to their foot print, the pods, with their standard 2ft or 60cm front overhangs and smaller rear overhangs, and the extra width of the side walls including curved shapes making the side walls around 250mm thick, (this can vary according to the plot) the prices of the pods are taken from just the internal floor area alone and is something to be borne in mind when working out the available space.
The actual external dimensions of the pods is on average 750mm deeper and 500mm wider than the internal floor area.
Garden pod specifications
- Hyper-insulated throughout, with up to 1ft (300mm) of dense insulation, sandwiched between two double layers of reflective insulation.
- Copious amounts of warm white low energy flush L.E.D lighting with as many power sockets as required.
- Skylight is double glazed and secondary glazed for extra warmth and heat retention.
- Skylight is made of warm virtually indestructable polycarbonate sheeting made into both double glazed units at ceiling height and a further secondary glazed unit with up to a foot of trapped air insulation to give the highest insulated skylight available.
- All walls properly plastered and painted any colour of your choice.
- Lightly varnished oak laminate floor (as default, customer can vary floor covering choice as with any finishes in the building, inside and out). Engineered oak £90 sq metre extra
- Tanalised feather edged board cladding for the main building and rear wall, cedar clad to front gable with extended cedar lined overhang to front entrance, oiled with sunblocking oil to retain the rich tones of the cedar and inhibit bleaching, (unless customer preference is for it to be allowed to bleach).
Garden pods cost £1,850/sq metre plus VAT based on floor area for the first 10 sq metres, each subsequent sq metre £1340 plus VAT. This includes installation, piled foundation supplied by us. The building being left ready to use as we leave site.
Extraroom's pods are ideal for glamping pods for camp sites. If you run a campsite, please enquire about bulk purchase discounts.